But, let's face the facts:
We get an extra 24 hours this year – that means 24 extra hours for you to move forward in reaching your goals.
With that said, here are 29 things for you to do on your extra day. Happy leaping! =)
- Begin using Google calendar (if you don’t already).
- Buy The Other Wes Moore or check it out from your local library.
- Update your Linkedin profile – or create one if you don’t have one.
- Schedule a meeting with one of your professors to discuss your future in your major.
- Ask your advisor at your college about PTK (Phi Theta Kappa).
- Create an online resume (like this one).
- Join Pinterest.
- Visit your college’s Facebook page to see what is happening on campus.
- Write three of your long-term goals on a post-it note and stick them on your bathroom mirror.
- Download Nike Training Club onto your phone or iPod (it's free!) – this is my favorite workout app and can save you a trip to the gym.
- Eat something healthy - here is a good site to help with recipes.
- Call a friend on the phone – don’t just send a text message.
- Put together a professional outfit that still shows your style.
- See if your campus has a branch of NSCS for you to join.
- Visit YouTern and take a look at the internships they advertise.
- Form a study group.
- Be the bright spot in someone’s cloudy day.
- Check in with your choice of college major.
- Deal with that test that you didn't get an "A" on.
- Check your email address and make sure it is professional.
- Take the "Are You Really Trying" quiz.
- Go through your Facebook pics and make sure your tagged photos are job interview friendly.
- Read How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie.
- Join in on a Twitter Chat - they are great resources for you to get great free advice and network with others in your field.
- Clean out your car. I am always amazed at how much better I feel when my car is clean.
- Go to your dream employer's web site, look at what positions are regularly being hired in their careers department.
- Read Darren Hardy's blog.
- Apply for this scholarship - it changed my life.
- Beware the Ides of March - mainly because my book releases on that day :)
Post a Comment
What do you think?